Toronto Child Custody Lawyer
Toronto child custody lawyer. If you have children, the most important part of your separation will be the decisions you make about their care. The focus has to be your children’s best interests. With very rare exceptions, this will mean working with your children’s other parent to make sure they suffer as little as possible during this difficult time.
Baker & Baker can help you decide the major family law issues regarding your children such as:
- Child Custody, or where your children will live and who will make decisions about their life, education, health and religious upbringing
- Access, or contact with noncustodial parents, so that your children can maintain emotional connections
- Child support, provided by the noncustodial parent to the custodial parent for the care of their children
If your children are very young, you will have to deal with their other parent for many years. It is very important to begin your new relationship as separated co-parents properly.
Child Custody And Child Access Lawyers
In the court system, it can be very easy to waste years and end up using your children as weapons. This can be devastating financially and emotionally for the entire family. Our Toronto child custody lawyer try to use mediation and other methods outside the courts to ensure a more positive result, and settle issues of custody and access as quickly and cooperatively as possible.
There are many types of custody arrangements:
- Sole custody: The child lives with one parent, who has responsibility for his or her care and makes all major decisions about his or her upbringing.
- Shared custody: The parents share both care and responsibility for the child.
- Joint custody: Parents share decision making with respect to major decisions in the child’s life such as religion, health, education
- Split custody: If there is more than one child, each parent has custody of at least one child.
We also work with parenting coordinators who have experience helping parents put their children first. We will work together to create a parenting plan that will enable issues to be dealt with smoothly and with a minimum of conflict as the children grow and your family’s needs change.